The process went well. The Hugo site has pretty good docs for migrating to Hugo from various other platforms. The exact steps I took were:
- Export content from Wordpress.
- Generate Hugo content from the export using blog2md.
- Upload to GitHub.
- Create an Azure Static Web app (which as detailed before creates a build pipeline and deploys to an autogenerated Azure domain).
- Browse the site and fix any broken content.
- Add any custom functionality desired to the theme files.
- Update the domain to point at the Azure instance.
That “custom functionality” is of course optional, and a potential rabbit hole depending on your exact needs. In the case of my wife’s blog, because she is a hand-knitting pattern designer I added some templating for sharing her patterns easily.
And, because the core theme is shared with this blog (and Games with Gravitas), that functionality is also available here - which is why I can easily add one of her patterns to this post.